The Kano Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture was established in 1922 and operated for most of the colonial
period and continued to grow after independence,and has been vibrant ever since. It was among the founding members pioneer signatory to the Nigeria Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture, (NACCIMA).
The chamber organizes Trade Fair, Exhibitions undertakes research and consultancy services on markets, commodities, products, imports and exports. Similarly, the Chamber embarks on Trade Missions to create business awareness and economic ties between its members and investors/suppliers, and promote the export of Nigerian goods and services.
Membership of the Chamber is derived from corporate bodies, Large, Medium and Small scale Industrialists, Entrepreneurs, Trade Associations, Association of Farmers, Miners, Professional bodies and Businessmen and women.
- To promote the development of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture in the State and Nigeria in general.
- To promote and protect the interests of members, the organized private sector and the general public.
- To facilitate the establishment of meaningful economic relationship with local and foreign businessmen and companies.
- To assist businesses in any way possible, whenever necessary in form of advice, information, guidance and such other actions as to enable them to easily achieve their objectives.
- To influence Government policies on enabling environment for the growth of Commerce, Industry, Mines and agriculture.
The Chamber provides a common platform for all Businesses and represents the organized private sector in the State. It also provides a forum for members to exchange ideas in the area of business development and promotions.
The Chamber also organizes Seminars, Conferences, and Workshops on topical economic issues of National and International interest.